Alice’s Gifts

Our cat friend, Alice, passed away a few weeks ago.

During the weeks leading up to her passing I had moments where I felt my heart was being ripped out and I thought I haven’t learned anything about Song and living Song.

When Kay asked me why I think I’m in such pain I told her because I love her so much.

Kay’s answer was, that’s your Song, that’s living your Song, loving everything so much it hurts and it hurts especially when someone so close is moving on from the 3D world.

Everything changed for me in that instance.

Little did I know Alice had much more to share with us before she was done with this life, but more about that later.

For now, I just wanted to share this gift from her about living our Song. It’s about being able to get to a place of loving everything so much, knowing our Song so much it hurts, at times.

We’d love to hear your thoughts and feelings.

For those of you who have shared and clicked the like button previously, thank you very much, we really appreciate it.

Love and Song,

Helmut

Facebook Comments

11 Responses to Alice’s Gifts

1. Laura Daniel 11/17/2011 at 2:21 pm #

Oh, dear Alice. What a love she was! I feel privileged to have known her and to have had the opportunity to give her strokes and pats as she rubbed against my legs. I wholly understand why you felt/feel heartbroken at her loss, but you have the precious memory of that dear creature to hold in your heart forever. Hugs to you both. SongSong. Nahe

• Helmut 11/19/2011 at 6:58 am #

Thank you Nahe!

Love and Song,

Helmut

2. Moana Jones 11/17/2011 at 4:01 pm #

Oh Helmut I really know what its like to lose a pet friend. i cried too when I
    read this email. My cat is on my desk as i type this. Lots of love, song and hugs. Moana

• Helmut 11/19/2011 at 6:59 am #

Thanks you Moana!

Love and Song, Helmut

3. Liorah 11/17/2011 at 4:23 pm #

Helmut-

That Alice can relay that gift is a treat. For years I have struggled, in my own personal quest, in the desire to live with a truly Open Heart. It hurts. At times I thought that I was just working through old woundings, that I was discovering more places that needed to heal and that eventually loving others would stop hurting. But if I take Alices teaching it means that I was/am just learning my Song.

My heart is my strength, but it is at times my weakness. The “painful” aspect of walking this world, living our Song so purely that it feels overwhelming, is where I tend to throw up my fear at vulnerability, and resort to old coping tactics of disconnect. It is a huge commitment to stay open-hearted and my pet friends help me by their warmth and affection.

Many blessings to you while you adjust to Alice’s physical absence.

Liorah

• Helmut 11/19/2011 at 7:02 am #

Thank you Liorah, well said.

Love and Song, Helmut

4. Deeanne Purchase 11/17/2011 at 8:12 pm #

Im so sorry you lost your cat .They are such special animals ,I almost feel like my kitty is a ambassador of harmony ,When I am feeling down he takes care of me ,brings me back into harmony ,little heart melters, with fur and a cold wet nose.Being open hearted is a gift May a wonderful cat come into your life when you are ready

Deeanne

• Helmut 11/19/2011 at 7:10 am #

Thanks Deeanne! Alice was, and still is, a guide to living with unconditional love and the passion of Song, most certainly and ambassador of harmony in so many ways.

Love and Song, Helmut

5. Boyd Thompson 11/19/2011 at 10:08 am #

Dear Helmut,

I am very sorry for your loss.

Several weeks after Danny the Dog left us, he returned in a dream to say good-bye. I was sobbing and he lifted his paw to my shoulder to comfort me. His paw was a strange, black stick. It was not until the next summer, when a beautiful set of wings lit next to me, that I realized the strange, black stick was the leg of a butterfly.

We are in such a wondrous place.

With love, Boyd

• Helmut 11/19/2011 at 11:47 am #

Thank you for sharing Boyd. It is quite and amazing place.

Love and Song, Helmut